Sunday 2 March 2014

Re-Do My Room: Before Shots







So! I came to the conclusion that since I will be 18 in about 2 months, Minnie Mouse wallpaper and teddy bears were not appropriate anymore for my bed room anymore. I think this is a logical conclusion, and I have decided to completely re-do my room! Overall, we think it will take about 3 months to do just with taking down wallpaper, putting together furniture, organizing, etc! So it should be a lot of fun and the results I'm hoping will be amazing!

The next step for me was, where do I start? Obviously, I started planning out a room design, colour schemes, items to put in my room and such; but to be honest, the first step is de-cluttering. A very hard task for me since my family is pretty much all horders, especially when it comes to memorabilia. You remember how something came into your possession, or who gave it to you and your like, NOPE! Not throwing it away! And at the end of the day you're left with everything you started with, except that sweets wrapper and movie poster you never hung on your wall. With that in respect, I made a box for my memorabilia that is cluttering my room, a box of junk I'll never use, and then the stuff I plan on keeping. The box of memories is going into storage :) In the pictures I posted, I had already de-cluttered ALOT! And I still have so much more to go! So I hope you are all excited for the ride that is re-do'ing my room! And the outcome will be spectacular, I assure you!

No comments:

Post a Comment